Sales Engineer - Water Treatment
Job Title: Sales Engineer – Water Treatment - Posted July 2019
This is a new position created within the company to work with the sales department to manage the Water Treatment sector of our company. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing sales or our water hygiene products into the Intensive Poultry Production Market. The job will require a basic understanding of plumbing (MDPE & PVC), Water Hygiene, and an interest in livestock would be useful. It will involve predominantly working in the Poultry Sector including Broilers, Layers, Turkey, Game and Duck. This position will be based in our office at Chesterfield but will include site visits around the UK including overnight stays (if and when required). Training will be given as necessary in the specific, industry-related aspects of the job.
Further details of what the job involves:
Take ownership of ‘all things water’ and manage the complete process including:
1. Organise and carry out on-farm site surveys and pump / product recommendations
2. Plan and carry out installation of pumps on farm and set up of water treatment products
3. Train customers on water quality and the relevant products
4. Producing customer specific IFU’s (Instruction For Use)
5. Managing any trial work and reporting data back to client
6. Carry out water hygiene audits, including sampling and make recommendations.
7. Providing ongoing technical product support and after sales service to the client
8. Manage all customer water hygiene online portals and respond as required
The following skills are required as a minimum:
MS Excel -Competent
Written/Spoken English – Proficient, specifically in writing clear instruction for clients
MS Outlook - Competent
Hubspot CRM – Training will be provided
Smartsheet – Training will be provided
Skills/Attributes required – Plumbing
Education/Experience required – GCSE/O Level passes in English, Maths and Science/Physics
Certifications/Licences required - Driving License required.
The successful applicant will need to have a ‘problem solving’ mindset and the ability to logically think through and document a process.
The applicant must be approachable, honest, trustworthy, transparent and have a positive attitude. Tidiness, attention to detail, a high level of accuracy and good personnel skills are required.
Flexibility in work times are required when travelling to jobs. An attractive package is offered including company vehicle, laptop and phone.
In the first instance, email Jim Cuckson: email@example.com